Monday, July 5, 2010

Baby wearing...

I've been looking at modern baby pouches ever since I had Ethan..but it was kinda late to start on Ethan as he was almost 1 year old then...I tried putting him in a pouch which I bought from Moley Garden but he made so much noise to demonstrate his dislike in it hehe...so that pouch has been kept in the cabinet til now ;p

But as I had Eli I started to look at pouches again and without hesitant bought another brand i.e. Little Pods which was on 50% discount previously at Tiny Tapir. After purchasing 2 in red and turquoise (yeah I know but the price reduction was too tempting to resist...it was like buy 1 get 1 free hehe..) and so I told myself that I will start wearing Eli from newborn...Indeed I started but didn't last long as I only tried it on him for a few times b4 I hang the pouch back ;p I reckon I lack of confident and afraid I might hurt Eli...

Eli was 3 weeks old then...


However, recently as I was talking to Zura about baby wearing I realised I should try to wear Eli in my pouch again as it would be handy especially I'm maid-less now. I need my hands to be free so I can do more things and would be able to move around better ...if Sandra is still around I will surely bug her again but too bad she isn't around now... so the next best person that came to my mind was Joyce... I thought I could ask Joyce if she could show us how to wear pouch properly since she is one of the experts in baby wearing and I know where she lives which is not far from my home ;p So I YM her and we set a date which was last Friday :) Zura is going on a trip to KL soon and wearing her baby will be very handy...


Thanks Joyce for showing us how to use the pouch and for demonstrating us how to use SSC and Mei Tai...Gemma is such a cuddly and lovable lil' princess and your Gaga is sooo handsome! Love it when he obediently let you wear him at your back as a demo to me and Zura hehe..

And guess what..am so glad we went to you Joyce coz during that weekend, Eli has a brand new 'attitude'. He only wants us to feed him while standing up!! At 5.9kg, he is not as chubby as Gemma but it can be tiring holding him on one arm with one hand feeding him... so who came to my rescue??? My red hot Little Pods pouch of course!! Heee...

I can even take some pics while feeding him ;p

My fussy lil' monkey who indeed has a mind of his own!! ;p Nevertheless, we love him to pieces!!

Hmmmmm...I think we should form some kind of baby wearing group in KK coz I think it will be useful for inexperience mothers like myself to learn from the experts like you Joyce :) Ba Joyce kau start la hehehe... Karmilla you oso ..kamu dua la jadi sifu ;p

6 comments:

Tanya said...

hehe.. Hello ELi...

i'm also using the little pod sling.. at least once or twice a month.. only when i go shopping for groceries..enjoy bah si Eli. tidur2

yesterday @ servay likas.. a lady approached me.. asking me whre did i get the sling. i knew for sure little pod has stop selling the slings.. so i just gave her a few e store.. :)

jadi attention bah pakai sling..instead of shopping for groceries.. they stare at me.. ehhehe

Joyce said...

Yay...!!! Glad that I could help. Nah, macam ok juga bah you wear si Eli tu, best kan...

I hope your friend Zura have nice holiday babywearing too...cantik oh she jahit...

Aik, no one ever approach me pula when babywear, slalu kena stare ja.

RoseBelle said...

I couldn't never put my baby in a sling as neat as that! I carried my kids when they were young because I couldn't do the sling, swaddle, or baby carrier right. So glad they're older now :)

JK said...

It's really nice to wear our babies. They feel so close to us!

JK said...

Can you email me at soojoanne@hotmail.com? Something to ask.

KittyCat said...

You'll love babywearing! Never thought I would too but I do :)