Thursday, September 20, 2007

Latest sleeping pattern of my peep...

One of the most difficult things for newbie parents (like me&hubs) to deal with is baby's sleeping habits. We have all heard and are familiar with the so called "panda eyes" for most new parents and their complaints about lack of sleep. My hubby and I are no exception too especially in the beginning...BUT....psssstttt...for the past 5 days, my baby has been sleeping from ard 9pm till abt 5.30am! Yes!! How wonderful isn't it!! Yeeehaa (no, make that double yeeehaa) to both me and hubby!! :) Having said that, honestly speaking, I must say Ethan has been a wonderful and lovely little baby. I would say he is not as demanding as I expected a baby would be and looking after him is still very manageable...Prior to his new sleeping pattern, I only need to wake up twice the most to feed him after his midnite feed....I guess probably the numerous warnings from friends may have gotten me prepared for the worst hee...no doubt we did have our share of sleepless nights but I would say those were bearable still :)

Talking about sleeping habits, I've read and have been told that it is always good to train your child from infant on their sleeping habit. I've read that one of the most important things you can do in terms of getting your newborn to sleep better is to establish a routine, and to stick to it. By establishing a routine with your baby from a young age you will ensure that the transition into more regular sleeping habits is both a quicker and smoother one.

Anyway, hope this new sleeping pattern of my sweetie pie will continue so his mommy and daddy will be able to enjoy solid nights' rest again...shall keep our fingers and toes crossed real tight! hee...

My peep is probably taking his nap at his grandma's now or probably awake for his milk...shhhhh...

My sleeping handsome ;p

3 comments:

Jewelle said...

That's great!

I am a routine believer (as you know) and you should try to get him to sleep earlier than that - so you can have time for pakto

JPP Papa said...

Hi there Joyce.. been missing a lot of your post. Sorry for that. :)

Good that Ethan like that. I wish my twins like that. They are drinking at constant 4oz each of them respectively and yet, still woke us up at every 2 hours, max 3hours interval. Pengsan man.

I seldom sleep at night already. Wife kesian, still on her maternity leave, have to jaga them all by herself. :(

Glad that Ethan helping you guys get your full rest. Ethan such a nice boy. :)

Aunty J said...

Jewelle:
Ok, we'll try and ya man,I agree that we need time to pakto also!!

Joneh:
Don't worry, my Ethan was like your twins also the before this...so I'm sure your little darlings will have a regular sleeping pattern soon too. So hang in there ya ;p And yes Ethan has been a really really good baby boy :)