Monday, October 15, 2007

A Colorful Wedding

One of hubby's closest friends i.e. Willis (hubby's bestman when we got hitched last year) got married to his beautiful bride Ivy, yesterday at their home town in Kota Belud. Previously,most of the wedding invitations that we've received were mainly organized in hotels or restaurants. It has been a while since I attended a wedding organized in the couple's own home. I wasn't sure if I could make it to their wedding initially coz I was afraid I would not be able to finish my assignment on time. But thankfully I managed to and I'm glad I attended this wedding coz it was very colorful and eventful indeed eventhough it was a blinking hot day! There were few food stations including one for BBQ that had roast lamb and chicken wings! Games were organized not only for the adults but for the children too. I even noticed the "ice cream cone" man who came and took advantage of a business opportunity during the hot weather!! I think he may have made quite bit on that particularly day as I see children and adults kept going to him. As for me, I'm just thankful that the couple's wedding favors were hand fans!!

The couple changed their wedding attires 4 times. Mind you, this is only at the bride's home. I was told by hubby that they will change 3 times in the groom's house later tht evening - so all in all, they have changed their wedding attires 7 times in just 1 day!! Too bad I only managed to catch 3 on camera as we went home before the bride and groom came out in their traditional Dusun attires. We had to go home earlier as our precious baby was waiting for us at his Dodu's home :)

To Willis and Ivy:
Congratulations to both of you on your wedding day!! May your marriage life be filled with loads of love, laughter and happiness!! :)

1 comment: