Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Most Embarassing Moment...

Hmmmm... I got tagged by MyUniqueSay and I'm telling you I am not good with sharing my embarassing moments which I have plenty to choose from (being the silly cow me). Well, I wouldn't even think about it if not for the "tag"!! Anyway, which one should I share with you?? After some thoughts, I guess I don't mind sharing with you one incident that made me smile to myself with burning ears even up to this very day.

KFC has always been one of my favourite junk food joints. Way back during my time (sounds like ages ago eh...opppsss that shows my age!!) and even till today, most kids would apply for a part time job in fast food chains including KFC. It seems like the coolest thing to do while waiting for our examination results. I for one didn't want to be left out. So together with a bunch of friends, we took the form and filled it up at home. Upon completing the required information, I happily handed the application form and waited patiently for a reply. But the days passed by without any words from them, not even a rejection letter (how sad huh...) After waiting for quite some time and seeing some of my friends already started their part time job there, I presumed KFC didn't find I was suitable for the job so I gave up my hope. Heartbroken? Well, won't say I was heartbroken but I was quite upset coz it made me feel so un-cool (so silly back then huh hehe...) as compared to my other friends. Anyway, after a while I totally forgotten about the job application till one day when I suddenly realised I made a mistake in the application form. You see, back then I had very limited English vocab and my English language proved to be pretty poor. Anyway, some time after the job application, I came across the same wordings i.e. "marital status" and it was only then I realised what it means i.e. the condition of being married or unmarried. Then it hit me real hard and I was SOoooo embarrassed with myself coz back then I thought "marital status" was "vital statistic"!! So guess what did I write? Well, your guess is as good as mine, instead of writing "married" or "single", I penned down my body vital statistics!! Being young and green at that time, I felt so embarrass that I was almost in tears! How stupid can I be huh!! I bet those people in KFC were laughing their heads off when reading my application and probably chucked it in the dustbin immediately after going through it! They probably thought this gauky teenage girl was desperate in trying to win them over with her pathetic vital statistic!!! I guess should I have at least a Miss Sabah (or Miss Unduk Ngadau for that matter) vital statistics I might still be ok, but I was just a skinny shapeless teenager then!! No, don't even think about asking me to disclose my vital statistic back then coz I can guarantee you that you will start to feel so pitiful for me!! Arrrggghhhh....is it only me or it's getting warm now coz all of a sudden my ears feel as if they are burning hot!! Oh my gawd!! What have I done!!?? So now the secret is out and if you happened to be one of the KFC people who saw my application back then - stop laughing and rolling on the floor!! Everybody make mistakes ok!!

So folks, there you go, one of my most embarassing moments. Hmmmm....thanks to MyUniqueSay for embarassing myself once again in front of the whole wide world!! Sheesh....what a ding dong!! hahaha..

Ok, I've done my deed and who should I tag? I guess its your turn Jewelle! ;p

8 comments:

Kampung Girl said...

HAHAHAHAHA funny oh Jatt! Gosh! i have so many embarrassing moments too ..nanti lah, i shortlist them first! but yours is funny la...hehe how innocent were you!

tulipspeaks said...

i know i'm not suppose to laugh at others, but i really can't help myself! hahahahaha..

*hopped in from cindy's blog.


ammu.

Jewelle said...

Now THAT is funny! But I understand, one of my dad's favorite story on how he wrongly guessed what "Cita-cita" means when he was a mere kampung boy. Confiden saja tulis, cita-cita saya ialah Abu - being the name of his best fren then.

Apa ni tag-tag orang ni, ciss!

myunique said...

Auntie J, i am proud of you, willing to share your most embrassing moment..Bravo!! at least i am not alone ..LOL...but seriously i agree with everyone yours is really funny. 4 stars for you:))

BMahendran said...

ekekekkee.. ok la :) we all learn from our past misstake :p

hey its better than putting wrong answer for the field "sex" hahaha

BMahendran.com

Aunty J said...

Kampung Girl:
Ya pandai la kau kasi katawa sia ah..hehehe...ya embarassing oh kan when you think about it haha...

Tulipspeaks:
I don't blame you coz it was really embarassing!! hahaha...hope you'll come and visit my blog again :)

Jewelle:
Hahaha..your poor dad...nah apa lagi share la your side of the story hehehe ;p

MyUniqueSay:
Its all your fault la nie...abis urg kasi katawa sia hehehe...nasib I sporting trima ja hahaha...

Mandalism:
hehehe..yes hopefully we will learn from our past mistakes hehehe...

Oh gawd, if tht happens I think I will dig a hole and bury myself inside!! hahaha...thanks for dropping by and come again ya! :)

Chironex said...

That's still OK, my most embarrassing moments (meaning more than one) happened right in front of hundreds people!

Anonymous said...

Marital status: 32, 25, 36

????
Apa ni? Beauty contest kah?

ROTFL!!!

I cant help it. Hilarious lah Aunty J. Hahahahah