Tuesday, November 20, 2007

As we grow old...

Have you ever wondered as you grow old and wrinkly who will care for you? Or have you ever wondered how should you care for your loved ones especially when they need special care? In general, as Asian, we have it in our culture or it's a norm that we would normally look after our elderly as they grow old. However, you will find that this trend will soon disappear as most elderly people are becoming more independent nowadays. This is true especially for those who used to work in their younger years which are pretty common in this day and age. I supposed having worked before with better financial standing made them more independent. As I think about it, I might be one of such generation which I would prefer to live my life independently with my hubby. Not that I don't want Ethan to care for me but I figured things would be different during his time. With the ever increasing oil prices, his financial commitments may probably be steeper then ours or our previous generations. What's more if he has his own family in the future. What should I do then? Well, one way is to start thinking about the care options that are available. I can either consider care home or residential care. Upon arranging the right kind of care options, I would then need advice from care experts especially on funding for my care. Of course tips and reviews by the experts on care would be useful to me too and joining a forum that discussed about care experience and knowledge will be to my advantage too. But where can I get such info? Well, look no further as Bettercaring is the site to visit to answer all your concerns about care.

No comments: