Thursday, December 13, 2007

I wished and still wishing...

Most of the time, students will certainly take the opportunity to travel during or after their studies. I'm no exceptional though $$ was the main concern at that time. Nonetheless, I managed to do a little bit of travelling before returning home.

Some places became my vacation destinations simply because I have friends or relatives who were studying or staying in that particular area. One particular destination was Cardiff in Wales because one of my closest friends were studying there. I remember going to some tourist attractions in Cardiff which include the Cardiff Castle, the famous Llandaff cathedral, Millennium Stadium and others. I didn't need to find any cardiff hotels at that time as I just bunked in with my friend which is a normal student practice ;p

Being in the UK then, there are many places that I wished to go but unable to do so because $$ was pretty scarce during university life :( Some of the places and tourist attractions that I wanted to visit but didn't manage to were Dublin in Ireland; St. James park in Newcastle; and the museums in Leeds. These are just within UK, there are plenty of places outside of UK that I wished I could visit too. Anyway, I will need to look around for dublin hotels , newcastle hotels and leeds hotels when the time is right. But I guess, for now, I'll just have to wait till I strike lucky with the lottery since it is much more expensive to travel from Malaysia now!! Sigh...

No comments: