Monday, January 7, 2008

Ethan @ 7 months old

How time flies that my precious Ethan is 7 months old today. He was around 8.9kg less than a week ago. Not much increase from previous month (8.8kg) mainly because he wasn't well. But at least he is not loosing any weight. Anyway, as long as he is getting better which he is now, that is more important for us.

According to What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff, Sandee Hathaway, Arlene Eisnberg (this is a good reference for all you mommies out there especially new mommies like me - got mine from Times bookstore and I'm planning to get What to Expect the Toddler Years soon),

By 7 months, your baby...should be able to:
  • feed self a cracker - I haven't tried giving him any cracker but he tried to self feed himself with his bottle or anything that he managed to grab on...does that count?;)
  • razz (make wet razzing sound) - checked
  • coo or babble when happy - checked
  • smile often when interacting with you - definitely checked

...will probably be able to:

  • sit without support - not yet
  • bear some weight on legs when held upright - indeed checked
  • object if you try to take a toy away - I think checked
  • work to get a toy that's out of reach - checked
  • look for dropped objects - I think checked
  • rake with fingers an object and pick it up in fist - not quite sure what this means actually...do you?
  • turn in the direction of a voice -very checked
  • babbles, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da - does 'abu-abu-abu' counts? ;p
  • play peekaboo - I play peekaboo with him and he likes it though he doesn't "peeka-himself-boo" yet ;p

...may possibly be able to:

  • creep or crawl - definitely not yet
  • pass a cube or other object from one hand to the other - not quite though I think he did try a few times
  • stand holding on to someone or something - haven't let him try this yet

...may even

  • pull up to standing position from sitting - not yet but he tried to pull himself up by holding on to the bars of his cot though
  • play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye-bye - he doesn't know how to clap his own hands but he likes it when I play clapping hands with him and he likes to pat his hand on mine or hubby's when we play with him

My 7mths old prince ;p

Now watch his leg...

See where it'll ended up...

Very flexible indeed...wait till you're old like your mummy now Ethan...you will not be able to bend and touch your toes, so enjoy your super "yoga" movements now!! ;p

Now watch it...juz watch his leg...

Where else will it ended up if not in his mouth...yup, everything seems to taste yummy for him nowadays..

Ok, I think that's all for now...I'm actually feeling a bit drowsy and high coz of the drugs that I'm taking for my bad cough and flu. Yup, I've been ill the past few days, that is why my blog seems quiet for the past few days...my apology for that and if you tried to access my blog yesterday, I think you will find that you've been redirected to another site. That's because of "advertlets" which I had to remove before my blog is up and running again...Oh oh.., its way past midnight folks, so its bedtime now, more updates later! Till then I need to catch up with my beauty sleep, sweet dreams and nighty-nite!! ;p

2 comments:

youpos said...

hahaha your son is such a cutie and super flexible!!
His feet looks big and long...think he is definitely going to grow up very very tall!

Nish said...

Hey there,

Your son is soooo precious.. and flexible too, my son is 7 months old today and he does the same styles. He also babbles a lot da da da... abo abo... it cracks me up. keep updates coming... love from nairobi, kenya