Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What I miss about Singapore...

When a friend of mine forwarded me an email about a concert to be held in Kota Kinabalu this coming May, it reminded me how I used to enjoy guessing and knowing who will be the next singer or band performing in Singapore. This of course happened before I return to Kota Kinabalu from the city of Lion about 4 years ago.

Besides some great friends that I've made, attending concerts is one of the things that I miss most about Singapore. I can't really recall all the concerts that I've attended (pardon me for being "ancient" hehe) but I know I've truly enjoyed concerts by Shaggy (I really love it when he sang "the strength of a woman" coz all the ladies in the house were shouting like mad including yours truly hahaha..), Ronan Keating (he is absolutely gorgeous esp when he shook his cute bump!!! Auuuwwww I can die!!!....excuse me hubby but this is just me being girly haha), Red Hot Chilli Pepper (really hot concert!), No Doubt (fantastic show!), Jewel (more of a relaxing and quiet evening as her performance was basically her singing on a stool the whole nite hehe) and errrr...what else ah?? Errrmmmm...yikes my memory died on me again!! Oh I've attended the Disney on Ice too and one really funky & modern Christian Concert!! I can't remember the others so won't crack my brain for it here hehe.. What I wanted to say is just that I do miss Singapore and hope I'll be able to return there for a break and meet up with all my friends soon :)

And oh...talking about the upcoming concert in KK this May, here are the details:
The prestigious National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) will be performing here in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

Details to the events are as follows:

AN EVENING WITH THE NATIONAL SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

Date:9 & 10 May 2008
Time: 8:00pm
Venue :Recital Hall, University Malaysia Sabah
Ticket price:


  • Premiere Concert on 9 May 2008 (TYT & Toh Puan in attendance) RM250.00 (category 1) RM150.00 (category 2)
  • Concert on 10 May 2008 RM150.00 (category 1) RM50.00 (category 2)
  • Matinee Show (at 3pm) for student only (10 May 2008) RM10 p/ticket

The prestigious National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) will be filling the air with sweet harmonies this May, performing for two nights at the UMS Recital Hall in Kota Kinabalu. They will bring you classics such as Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet and Prelude to Carmen Suite no.1. There will also be a stellar appearance by their resident soprano, Syafinaz Selamat. Don't miss this exclusive musical treat!

For ticket reservations or to purchase tickets, please contact Jane Lai at 088-232121 or Shirley Teo at 088-212121.

I must admit am not into orchestra concerts but if you're interested, this would be good info for you :)

Anyway, coming back to what I miss about Singapore...of course the other things I miss about Singapore is non other than the NLB BOOK SALES & the SINGAPORE BIG SALES!! Ok ok...I have to take a deep breath so as not to excite my getting old heart...breath in....breath out....sigh...

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Wah Jatt.. banyak uda concert u pigi... I never pigi ohhh... psst.. me envy la!!!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

You know, as old as I am, would you believe I've never been to Singapore? LOL!

Aunty J said...

Jessie:
hehehe...tiak jua brapa banyak la tapi siok hehe

Nick:
OMG!! I can't believe you've never been to Spore when you can always drive down for a short break hehee...ohhh i think u should bring your sons there during Xmas season as the Xmas decor is absolutely gorgeous most of the time :)