Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Baby toys

As mentioned in my previous entry, shopping for me nowadays is more for baby stuff and that includes baby toys. You would not believe the number of toys we have bought for our lil' Ethan (again this is another "side effect" of being first time parents hehe). Even before he was born we've collected one box full of his toys already!! And if we include the toys that we've added after his arrival and not forgetting presents that he has received, his toys may easily fit in 2 or 3 (or maybe more??) boxes! Previously, I have limited knowledge about toy brands. I was only familiar with toy brands such as lego, barbie dolls (not even sure if this is a brand), Fisher Price, etc. But when I was expecting Ethan, I was exposed to a whole different types of toy brands especially for babies. Now I know there are many good educational brands like Lamaze, Safety 1st, Leap Frog, Learning Curve, Tiny Love, Playskool, Chicco etc etc..(hmmm don't you think I should get paid for mentioning their brands?? hehe..) There are just so many to choose from and if I'm not mistaken, I think we have bought some from the first 4 brands mentioned. Anyway, so far, we have bought toys for our lil' cutie pie - newborn, 3 months, 6 months of age and older...I know, I know, again "advance shopping" huh hehehe..but as I mentioned, blame this on the "side effect" of being first time parents...hee..

BTW, just to get this on the record, Ethan's first toy is a mini blue metalic football from his daddy :) I guess it was a natural instinct being a football fan that he is or maybe just imposing his early football influence on his little star hehe.. Oh oh...I almost forget, if you drive and use Shell petrol, you might remember the special mini Ferarri car models that you can buy for RM7 each if you've spent RM30 on petrol? Well, I think there are 6 (or more?) different models of Ferarri and guess what, my hubby bought the whole collection for Ethan! If you read carefully, the toys are suitable only for children 3 years and above! Now tell me who is more excited about baby toys...me or hubby?? hahaha...ok ok, enuf of a bit light husband-teasing hehe...jangan mare yer sayang hehehe...

Anyway, we've noticed that our little sweetheart has started to appreciate his toys. It started when he had just turned 3 mths old...he would stare, smile or "laugh" or even tried to reach out for his toys though he doesn't know how to grab them yet...so a few of his toys are out from the box now.. hmmm...I guess I would be picking up toys after him soon...


Ethan was fascinated with the moving lights on the mini mobile fan (thanks to Jewelle!) and he was reaching out for it

Ethan staring at Mr. Smurf . He smiled when we first showed him his Smurfy soft toy :)


My baby playing with his doggie toy - he was trying get the toy near to him so he can lick it ;p


Oh btw, here's a useful link that describes what types of toys your baby should be playing with according to their age... again, I think I should be paid for this :) Hmmmm... I think I should seriously start blog advertising like Jacq, Jewelle and PapaJoneh eh hehehe...

6 comments:

mcellen said...

Joyce, wah semua tu ferrari punya collection tu kamu ada ka??? sioknyaaa..simpan kama tu..nnt bila Ethan basar mmg dia suka tu....mcm si Andrew..mmg fav toy dia itu kreta :).

Btw..Ethan punya rambut kena trim ka? Makin cute & hensem bb boy ko ni ;).

Aunty J said...

McElllen:
Ya semua kami ada tu...hehehe...tula si Alvin said he will enjoy it one day :)

Errrmmm....actually bukan kena trim but botak pasal rambut gugur! Kesian kan hehehe...tapi now cam mau tumbuh balik uda...

JPP Papa said...

Hi there Joyce...
commenting at 1:30am direct from feeding baby :)
I still remember myJosh last time. In fact till now I keep buying him toys whenever I go out and found some cool toy. Me being crazy Radio Control Person, he obviously got every rc out there. Even with the engine. I dedicate 1 whole room just for his toys.. bankrupt bankrupt.

Ethan become cuter and cuter. Especially with the blue smurf, i like that shot. :)

Caneeliea said...

Ya you should consider doing blog advertising too.. part time.. ok bah tu! :)

Aunty J said...

PapaJoneh:
Wah! You super papa you! :)

Wow!Those are super expensive toys! But anything for your lil' Josh eh...or rather it was what papa loves thus assumed Josh would love it too eh??? hahaha...But am sure Josh or any boys will love such toys coz who wouldn't!

Oya thanks for the compliment on Ethan :)

Aunty J said...

Jacq:
Tula...I've started with nuffnang and adsense already... hope to get some $$ soon :)