Friday, October 5, 2007

Change of Mood?? Challenge no more??..

Ethan seems to have changed his mood lately coz he doesn't seem to be so generous with his smile as compared to previously...he also seems to be enjoying less lying on his stomach and putting his head up or even turning his head from left to right and vice versa... rolling over on his own seems less exciting for him of lately too...me and hubby are wondering the reason for his change of mood...we even regarded him as "unfriendly" and "lazy" baby lately...of coz we don't really mean him being that way..just a figure of speech...Anyway, I shared my concern to one of the mommies in the office and according to the funky mommy that I spoke to, it's pretty normal for babies to change their mood after a certain period of time... I was also told that most likely my precious doesn't find smiling and rolling over and lying on his stomach and putting his head up as challenging as b4...Hence, it doesn't interest or excite him to keep repeating it...I thought that could be the logical reason...but am also thinking that my precious hasn't even managed to roll over on his own successfully yet...so thought he would want to be able to do that b4 finding it less challenging...and could it be that he has becoming heavy (he's ard 7kg now) thus can't support his own weight? Or could it be that becoz he is having a bit of a flu? Hmmm... I think I will want to spend some time to make him smile and initiate him to roll over and let him lie on his stomach whenever he is awake this weekend...and see what will happen then....will also ask the nurse when he goes for his 4th month (4 mths already!!??) check up this coming Monday...to all the parents out there, have you ever encounter such experiences too?

My precious in one of his "lazy" mood...not putting his head up that much


4 comments:

Deana E said...

4 months only..so big..

Jewelle said...

Hmm...not sure about mine...I guess I wasn't so particular about the mood, unless its very obvious e.g. so jolly and suddenly, so quiet and no smile at all - then I'd worry.

In Ethan's case, let him take his time

Unknown said...

eeehhh..cute betul si Ethan, besar sudah dia..muka dia pun chage sudah..

Aunty J said...

Dena E:
Yes and he is heavy!

Jewelle:
I think you're probably right, let him take his time then :)

Neneth:
Hehe...ya looks like he has a change of look huh hehe...you reckon who does he looks like now? hehe..