Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Raya @ Izah's

While attending a wedding in Kota Belud on Sunday, we got a call from Izah inviting us for lunch on the 3rd day of Hari Raya. So together with hubby's parents in his dad's car, we went over to Kinarut on Monday for another Hari Raya visiting. As we arrived at Izah's, her cute daughter Fara was already waiting and looking for her grandma (hubby's mum). She kept on asking my FIL, "Where's grandma? Where's grandma?". She must have missed her grandma very much, so cute hehe...Anyway, we were greeted by Izah and her family and soon after that, drinks and wonderful Raya cookies were served!! The thing about Hari Raya that I always look forward to each year is the cookies and delicious dishes that are normally being prepared and served. My all time favourite Raya cookies is of coz the famous Kuih Makmur that melt in your mouth while my favourite Raya dish is no other than the beef rendang!! So, when Izah and her mom were busy preparing lunch in the kitchen, I happily and shamelessly devoured the Kuih Makmur... mmmmm...so yummy!!

When lunch was ready and served, we moved to the dining area and oh boy, I can tell you that not only did the food looked delicious, they taste wonderful too! Besides the kismis mixed with cashew nuts rice (which I transferred all kismis to hubby's plate coz kismis or raisins is a BIG NO NO for me hehe), there were beef rendang (yay!!), chicken curry, chicken in black soya sauce, sticks of chicken and beef satay, ikan masak merah, nasi impit and ketupat. We, especially me and hubby really enjoyed the sumptious dishes coz they were indeed very tasteful!! I Like!! Even hubby commented that the dishes were better than Sempelang's!

We left Izah's around 3pm and lil' Fara followed us to our apartment and played with her fav uncle. I could hear her laughter even from the apartment when she and hubby were playing at the playground. I bet she must have slept early that evening hehe...

Fara with Ethan (who was bz watching telly...) together with their grandpa and grandma

Fara with cousin Fikri (son of Izah's younger brother) and their grandma (Izah's mum)

Aunty J with Fara and Fikri :)

Fara with her favourite uncle - the hubby ;p

Fara likes to hold and take picture with Ethan..

Another post of them together

My precious... He managed to take a nap on the sofa while we were chit chatting after lunch :)


Fara said, "peace!!" This girl really knows how to dress up, she even put on her own lipstick without a mirror!!

Fara busy teaching hubby how to play her Dora Game Boy...look at their serious faces ;p

4 comments:

JPP Papa said...

Alamak.. puuuunn sia.. sounds so yummylicious..
Me stay at home only.. well on 2 days. We only gone out on 1st day to my sis's house at Papar. the rest gone hospital visit mom and relaxing at home. Furthermore, I worked night time.. so boring.

Ethan looks matured pulak.. chubby nevertheless. :)

CJane said...

Kuih makmur? Wahhh... syoknya!!! Cute lah your husband's niece. Chubby, chubby lagi tu. :D And look at baby Ethan. Such a big boy he is now! :D Cutenyaaaa~~

Unknown said...

Jatt, i didn't know that you are allergic(?) to raisin?

Aunty J said...

PapaJ:
At least you get to go for Raya visiting too despite your mum's illness. But I'm really glad to hear she is getting better :)

c Jane:
Hehe my hubby's family mimang gene dorang chubby2 hehe...

Wek:
Bukan allergic but I just dont take raisins coz I dislike the texture of it as I bite it...eeee...no way no way!!